Sunday, May 4, 2008

She is getting a mind of her own...




This past week has seemed to go by fast and slow all at the same time. Kam had two finals earlier this week, and spent the rest of the week studying for the three more he has this coming week. Work has been busy as well, we have had a few other therapists out, so we have had over 12 patients each. For all my therapy buddies, you know how difficult it can be deciding who gets therapy and who doesn't.
Ellison has been busy as well, she is still trying to get the crawling thing down, but still hasn't fine tuned working her arms and legs together. She is so happy and such a good baby. We went out shopping on Saturday (just she and I), and I got stopped 6 times by people telling me how cute she is! Her Grandma, affectionately known as Mema, bought her a walker this week, so she has had fun enjoying that! She has also learned a new trick, every time we try to sit her on the ground, she straightens her legs to prevent this. She has a new found love for standing and will hold on to the back of something (couch, church bench, etc) to support herself while she stands. She gives the ward members quite a show when she does this!
On Saturday we took Ellison for a ride in the bike trailer, and took some cute, fun pictures which I have posted here. We also spent time at Kohl's, Old Navy, Belk (equivalent to Dillards or Meier and Frank), and Ross. I have been on the hunt for a new dress for Ryan's wedding. I looked all through Kohl's and couldn't find a thing, went to Old Navy...same thing. Everything at Belk was too expensive, and I finally found 5 dresses at Ross. I called Kam and told him I couldn't decide which dress to get, so he told me to buy all 5, (which I did) and then we would decide as soon as I got home. So last night, we took back the other dresses I didn't need! It has been so long since I have gone shopping for myself...way before I was pregnant! Anyhow, long story short, I have a dress for Ryan's wedding, Ellison is set with a dress for the wedding and Kam refuses to look for any type of clothing that is related to anything church like...come to think of it, any clothing altogether!
We are busy getting things together for our trip to Utah, and trying to get Kam through this next week until finals are over! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

marcie said...

I can verify that she most certainly did put a show on at church. It's hard not to watch her, especially when I didn't even have Ben to distract me. And I LOVE the pic of her in those hot shades!

Alix Hart said...

Love the shades! She is too cute. That's such a fun age I am excited to do it again.

Carr Family said...

We just recieved Ryan's wedding invite....way cute. I hope you guys have a great time back in the great state of Utah. I wish we could join you...another time perhaps. Give Ryan our best!!