Monday, February 11, 2008

And again...

For my fans, I have decided to post a new blog...lucky you! I decided to finally change the background template, thanks to google, and a user friendly how to site, I figured out how...all on my own! This week seemed to go by quickly thank goodness. I worked my regular 4o hours, and ended the week with a blood draw at the doctor's office. Only another month and a half until I am finished with taking the coumadin and blood draws. I am suspecting my coagulation will be low and I will need to adjust again, as evident by all the bruises I have. I have no idea where they came from either!
Kam and Ellie had some sort of something this past week. Both with runny noses, but thankfully, Ellison never developed a fever or acted fussy...chalk it up to allergies or the sniffles. I think both are finally on the upswing now. Kam has been keeping busy with school, and I with work and primary. I am excited to report that we had 15 kids on Sunday, one of which is an inactive, hopefully reactivating. That is my next big feat in primary, trying to figures out strategies to reactiviate the less active children. If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome. Yesterday I was so frustrated with my primary kids, I made them sit for the last 5 mintues of primary and practice being reverant (an idea I heard from my sister-in-law, thanks Rachel)! It seemed to work momentarily. We are also finally finding a teacher for the new class we developed and new achievement night leaders and a new secretary (something I have never had since becoming the primary president). Now if we could only find someone to lead the music, we would be fully staffed!
Ellison is as cute as ever. We are going to be starting her on cereal...I will let you all know how that goes. I am hoping it will help fill her belly at night and we can cut out the 3 am feeding. Ellie has figured out how to roll from back to belly, and on a good day and with momentum can roll herself back onto her back. Ellison is the most talkative baby ever and loves to communicate with us. She coos and will even laugh at times, which is adorable. Ellison will also try to pull herself up when given two fingers, and tries to sit up. We have started reading every night before bed, and although her attention does last through the entire book, she is patient enough for some. Well, that is our week in review. Sorry no pictures this time, I had some taken of Ellison in her Blessing dress that I finally got on the computer on Saturday, and will post them later this week with details on her blessing.

3 comments:

marcie said...

Love the new background... you're going to have to help me figure it out! Oh, and when you figure out how to reactivate the kids, you can let ME know so that we can start getting their mothers to Relief Society! Seriously, though, we have A LOT of work to do, that's just all there is to it. When one of the auxillaries has success, it only makes it easier to go on for the others.

Heather said...

Way to Go Lisa your blog is looking so cute! I love the stories about Kam and Ellie! It makes me miss you guys when I read about your lives, but then again, I am happy to have something to read! I am finally getting a little familiar with this blog stuff. Good luck with everything guys!

Talea Hollingshead said...

Your background is so cute...I really need to figure out how to do that. You sure sound like you are insanely busy! Between work, Primary, and kids...good grief! :)